By Mark Stencel and Kim Perry
Table of Contents
- A quick overview
- What kind of talent does new media need?
- Understanding consumption to build audience
- The growing need for ‘newsroom-friendly coders’
- Photo and video production and editing needed to meet editorial and business goals
- The importance of product-focused roles and why new media teams need them
- The need for journalists to care about the business side of news
- There’s plenty of data, but not enough people to make sense of it.
- The need for core skills doesn’t disappear. Good, concise writing is always a priority.