Seeking a Media e-Commerce Community Leader
The Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism at CUNY Graduate School of Journalism seeks a community organizer to engage and support a participatory community of e-commerce professionals working for media organizations.
The organizer will encourage a robust dialogue online and at offline events in order to support the professional goals/needs of the community members.
- S/he will grow and foster community membership and engagement by recruiting and qualifying new members, then encouraging their active participation in on- and off-line conversations and activities.
- S/he will develop an in-depth understanding of the changing professional needs of the community’s members, who will represent a variety of publication types (from national and international media outlets, to local news operations, to start-ups) and commerce development priorities (affiliate program revenue maximization, product design and production, etc.)
- S/he will identify and produce, or encourage production, of content and expert conversations that meet community needs (ex: curated feeds of significant news related to media commerce programs, targeted research, ad hoc Slack threads, etc.).
- S/he will identify and organize various activities to meet the members’ professional needs (ex: training sessions, periodic meetings and meetups, partnerships with other organizations, etc.)
- S/he will measure group members’ satisfaction with the community, and direct its improvement and evolution.
- Experience or interest in news media commerce opportunities, and an understanding of their impact on media sustainability.
- Social media expertise, including experience with Facebook and Twitter and familiarity with basic social analytics.
- Reporting and/or editing experience — or equivalent educational background.
- Experience producing events and facilitating panels and discussions.
This is a part-time, contract position. Compensation is dependent on the successful applicant’s experience and ideas. We are seeking to fill an immediate, budgeted project need. Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .